What does the Maintenance Management desktop application cover?
The MP is professional software for control and maintenance management or CMMS for its acronym in English Computerized Maintenance Management System.
The main objective of the MP is to help manage maintenance management in an efficient way, keeping all the information of the maintenance department documented and organized.
- Document in the MP all the information of your assets such as technical data, maintenance plans, spare parts, supplier data, images, plans, diagrams, videos, location, etc ...
- Document your maintenance plans or routines with information regarding routine maintenance activities that must be performed on equipment and locations, as well as the frequency with which each activity must be performed.
- The maintenance calendars graphically show the maintenance work schedule, indicating the dates when such work must be carried out. Every time the user reports to the PM about a routine work performed, the PM reschedules the next date when it must be done again, automatically adjusting the maintenance schedules.
- Automate and simplify the process of generation, control and monitoring of work orders.
- It generates a large number of reports, indexes and graphs related to maintenance management.
- Document in the MP the value of the measurements you make to your teams. The MP graphs these measurements and keeps you informed about all those equipment with measurements outside or close to limits.
- Record the man hours invested by each worker in the different work orders.
- Monitoring of non-routine work scheduled by isolated event, covering from the moment the report is registered, generation of the work order, monitoring and closing of the same.
- It detects the types of equipment that have the most failures, the most frequent failures and their root causes.
- Obtain the maintenance indicators (KPI's) that help you quickly obtain an overview of the status of your maintenance management at the time of your inquiry.
- Compare monthly the number of scheduled activities and the number of activities carried out.
- Graph the costs of spare parts and consumables used in maintenance, costs of external services and maintenance labor.
- Document warranties for equipment and services.
- Consult at any time the maintenance histories regarding maintenance work carried out, failures, spare parts used, procedures carried out, history of readings and measurements, etc.
Maintenance Management database
All the information that you register in the MP is stored in databases and can be shared by several users at the same time.
To store, consult, protect, share and manage the information in the database, the PM, like any other computer system, requires the service of a database engine to carry out the process.
When installing the program (FULL Installation), a database of examples including the Firebird database engine was installed on your local computer or PC, which will allow you to quickly start navigating the program and familiarize yourself with it.
Access to this database of examples is immediate after the installation and activation of your license and since it is located on your local computer, you do not need to know the program or programs to start by creating a new database, making connections to a database on the network, etc.
On this database you can make changes, add equipment, add spare parts, etc. etc. thus facilitating learning.
Once you decide to start the implementation, you will have to create a new database where you will start to load your information, or if you are already a user of a previous version, you will be able to migrate your information to version 10.
In the case of having contracted the MPhosting service, the database of examples is preloaded on the server that the MPsoftware team prepared for you.
For more information on connectivity options what the MP offers, how create a new database o information migration from MP version 9 to version 10, we recommend you go to the topic of Databases.
Participate in our help forum
Leave a question that you and others may have and allow our Technical Support team to answer it publicly.